Introducing Lekala sewing patterns
Lekala sewing patterns are produced by Vilar Soft company based in Moscow who specialise in developing software for retail and fashion industry
Lekala's online shop was opened in August 2012 with the aim of making professional sewing patterns to the public and is managed by Lekala LLC, based in San Francisco, USA.Patterns downloadable in PDF format and instructions are in English. All you have to do is let Lekala know the size that you require to download a custom-fit pattern based on a few measurements: height, bust, chest, waist and hip.
- With each pattern ordered, you’ll receive the following:
- An image of the garment and/or illustration
- Technical drawing
- Recommendations on fabrics to use
- Step-by-step instructions
- Printable pattern in the size you’ve asked for*
*Seam allowances are minimal (industry standard) and the pattern will stretch over several pages so you will need to cut the pieces out and glue together for cutting.
We recommend that you begin by downloading one of the selection of free patterns available to try out and see how you get on with downloadable patterns such as this knit top (pattern #8004).
- Patterns are reasonably priced for downloads
- Good range of patterns for women, men, children, accessories
- 5 PDF patterns for $9.99 (bundle pattern deals)
- Patience is required to cut out and glue together before using
- Site allows you search for patterns by fabric
- Many patterns are shown with illustrations so perhaps more difficult to imagine how it will translate into a real garment
- Recommend a basic understanding of dressmaking patterns
This blouse pattern is designed for woven fabrics, the description on the website will quote level of competence required to make too. Price is $2.49.
To purchase patterns, visit Lekala Sewing Patterns