5 SWIMSUITS TO MAKE FOR YOUR STYLISH HOLIDAY
BE BEACH READY WITH 5 STYLISH SWIMSUIT AND BIKINIS TO MAKE FOR YOUR HOLIDAY
1. Simplicity 1116 is a sewing pattern for a sassy swimsuit that's in a fab range of sizes for both Miss and Plus (sizes 10-28W) and designed by Mimi G Style. Pattern includes two suit styles and a long wrap skirt. One option features a criss-cross front and ruching to hide any lumps and bumps that need hiding while the other option uses a flounce and ties at the hips to create a flattering shape.
2. Maison Fleur encourages you to tap into your inner Janes Mansfield with this stunning PDF sewing pattern for a 50's inspired halterneck swimsuit. This swimming costume pattern features 3 flattering and easy-to-wear options with soft gathers at the bust and disguising ruching and ties on the hips. The ties can be worn down for a vintage style low-cut leg or scrunched up for a modest bikini cut leg.
3. McCalls 7168 is very on trend at the moment with its high waisted bikini bottoms and retro feel. The sewing pattern encourages sewers to create their own designs with this mix and match elasticated bra top and bikini shorts with frill option. It comes in sizes 6-22 and is available from Sew Direct.
4. Kwik Sew do a whole section in their catalogue on swimwear and leotards but we like this one. Kwik Sew 4003 features and bikini with simple lined bra with shoulder straps that tie behind the neck and a fabric tie in the bikini bottoms – all finished off with a pinked edge. Also in the pattern, is a handy pullover loose fitting throw for when you've had enough of the sun. All sizes come in one envelope. Buy this sewing pattern from Sew Direct too.
5. Cindy swimsuit from Burda Style (#BS-026) is actually a clever meet in the middle two-piece and will suit most body types with its forgiving ruching. It's available to download as a PDF to get started straight away so if you have booked a last minute holiday, there's no excuse not to look cooler on the beach!