Sewaholic has just released 5 new sporty PDF sewing patterns in the Vancouver Collection.
The range boasts home-made professional garments as good as ready-made sportswear
The Vancouver collection features sewing patterns that have been made with serious sport in mind with gussets, zip pockets, shelf bras and padding pockets.
ON YOUR BIKE!
1. The Cypress Cape has been designed as a rain cape for cycling, but it would be just as useful for walking the dog or any other wet-weather activity. It has wide semi circle sleeves that allow for ease of movement. The cape is unlined so its light and pack-able and features a hood with optional reflective piping plus a front zip closure, wind flap, and front pockets.
2. We love the loose-fit Seymour Jacket, its perfect for biking, dog walking, hiking, or going to and from the gym. It's a casual and features a practical drawstring hood and hem, flap pockets, and is fully lined with extended cap sleeves.
STRETCH IN STYLE
3. The Pacific leggings feature curved seams that will flatter just about every shape and are extremely comfortable for exercising The wide waistband sits below the natural waist with narrow elastic along the top edge for a smooth, flat finish. Gusset crotch ensures a comfortable fit and wide range of movement. Options include colour blocking panels and a cropped length version and the back zipped pocket is handy for keeping a key, cash or your mobile. You don't need an overlocker to sew these leggings either!
4. The Fraser Sweatshirt is a great layering garment. It features a contrast yoke, sleeve panels, and long sleeves or make with a plain front, crew neck, and three quarter length sleeves. Other features include a set-in collar detail that won't get in the way and will flat, The sleeve and body hems are finished with fabric bands, which are easy to sew.
5. The Dunbar Top is a sports bra or tank top that looks as professional as ready-to-wear. This top is fully lined, with a powernet shelf bra that includes pockets for additional padding or removable bra cups. It feaures a racer-back and has contrasting seams with bounded edges.
Dunbar Top, priced at £9.87 from Sewaholic