Now in its 3rd year, this competition is a chance to show us your sewing style, flair and creativity
Categories for Sew Your Style Competition 2020
- Vintage Revival: Can’t resist the glamour of a retro garment? Here’s your chance to show us your favourite style of the past.
- Refashion: Get creative and up-cycle a denim jacket into another garment for your wardrobe.
- Eye for Detail: Love ruffles, pinticks or other sewing techniques, then WOW us with your fabric manipulation.
- Sew Colour Block: It’s one thing matching colurs, but mixing them can create fab results. We’re looking for stunning dresses made with colour-blocking!
A panel of sewing industry judges will cast their votes in the lead up to the show.
Don’t miss the ‘Sew Your Style Competition 2020′ gallery where all entries will be displayed on a photo gallery at Sewing for Pleasure in Birmingham (Thursday 19th – Sunday 22nd March 2020). We’ll also have a special display of the winners of each category for visitors to admire!
How To Enter
- Choose your entry category
- Fill out the form on the ICHF Events website here to register your entry
- Get to work and create a fab piece sewn by you!
- Once your garment is completed, email one high-res photograph of it (preferably on you) by Friday 31st January 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name clearly shown on the file image (and not in the photograph). You will then receive a confirmation email, a complimentary ticket to attend the show and a discount code for 2 for 1 tickets for family and friends.
The top 10 shortlisted entries will be contacted from each category and they will be required to post their entry to ICHF Events by Thursday 27th February 2020 latest.
We have a panel of sewing industry judges standing by to cast their votes in the lead up to the show.